• E-government systems (e.g. address and land management, from permits to inspections)
• Earth observation (e.g. environment modelling, subsidence monitoring)
• Digital transformation (the transformation of traditionally analog and manual services to digital and efficient systems)
• Real –time awareness systems (environment, law enforcement, rescue)
• Development of geospatial applications
• Mission critical, secure solutions
• Big Data Analysis and Modelling
• Service Design, UX Design
• Prototype to full product development
Skills, technology and culture
For GIS solutions, we have developed the DoGIS® toolkit, which allows for the rapid set-up of high-end GIS portals. This technology also enables multiple GIS systems “talk” to each other. Two-way integration between mainstream GIS and Auto Cad® is also included. We still work with the classic waterfall working model in our projects when feasible, but rely more and more on an Agile approach. For our clients, this means quick delivery of a working prototype so they are able to express further needs and requirements more precisely. This proves an effective approach as clients receive a thorough understanding of their solution throughout the process.
R&D cooperation agreement with the European Space Agency
Extensive experience in developing map applications and spatial data analysis as well as visualisation in both Estonia and elsewhere in the world has been invaluable to Datel's team when developing innovative early warning system, Sille. Datel has an R&D cooperation agreement with the European Space Agency and in order to achieve highly reliable results, Datel cooperates with universities from several continents.